On your way to the Toronto Zoo? Here are some FAQs that may answer common questions you have in mind.
How much does admission cost at the Toronto Zoo?
Don’t worry because admission rates at the Toronto Zoo won’t leave a gash on your financial plan. Admission is free to both zoo members and kids under the age of 3.
The table below shows the walk through rates at the Toronto Zoo:
- How much does admission cost at the Toronto Zoo?
- How long does it take to walk through the Toronto Zoo?
- Can you bring food to the Toronto Zoo?
- What type of events can be hosted at the Toronto Zoo?
- Can we hire an external caterer for our events?
- How many animals does the Toronto Zoo have?
- Can you feed animals at the Toronto Zoo?
- What are the benefits of being a Toronto Zoo member?
- Do you need to be vaccinated to get into the Toronto Zoo?
|Age||Non-Peak Season||Peak Season|
|Child (3 to 12 years old)||$13.50||$18.30|
|Adult (13 to 64 years old)||$22.20||$27.99|
|Senior (65 years old and above)||$17.35||$23.15|
How long does it take to walk through the Toronto Zoo?
If you have an abandoned fitness goal up on your list, you may find the inspiration to get moving again. It roughly takes about 3 to 4 hours to go through the entire zoo – and that’s without kids tagging along – with them, it can take twice the amount of time.
Can you bring food to the Toronto Zoo?
While you can’t expect some upscale food places within the zoo, there are actually outdoor eating areas available. So yes, you can cook your own meals and bring it to the zoo for you and your buddies to enjoy.
What type of events can be hosted at the Toronto Zoo?
You can do almost any special event you can imagine at the Toronto Zoo. Once you have all your vendors, videographers, and suppliers ready, you can host any of the events below:
- Corporate or social events
- Meetings or business conferences
- Team buildings
- Holiday parties
- Wedding receptions
- Birthday parties
- Family celebrations
Can we hire an external caterer for our events?
In line with the previous question, yes, you can hire external catering services in the Toronto Zoo. However, they’ll be subject to approval before the event, plus, there will be a surcharge of $15.00 (plus tax) per person.
How many animals does the Toronto Zoo have?
You’ll need a good night’s sleep prior to your trip because there are over 5,000 animals in the zoo to see. These animals represent 500 species across 700 acres of land.
Can you feed animals at the Toronto Zoo?
Like most humans who follow proper nutrition, zoo animals also follow a specialized diet. You shouldn’t feed the animals because it puts them at risk if they experience any food beyond their diet.
What are the benefits of being a Toronto Zoo member?
There are a lot of benefits to becoming a member such as discounts on restaurants and gift shops. Here are more perks to look out for:
- Unlimited free admission (as long as the membership is valid)
- Program and zoo camps discounts
- Free Zoomobile rides
- Admission discount to AZA accredited zoo and aquariums in North America
- 10% discount on purchases on gift shops and restaurants
Do you need to be vaccinated to get into the Toronto Zoo?
Yes, you need to bring proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the point of entry. Keeping a healthy mind and body is, of course, also necessary.
That wraps up our list of Toronto Zoo FAQs you need to know. Enjoy your trip!