The Rec Room is the largest entertainment complex in Canada, with over 40,000 square feet of space. It has over 200 arcade games, including classics and newer VR and racing games.
Planning to visit The Rec Room? We’ve listed everything you’ll find, from must-try games to tasty snacks, in Toronto’s massive entertainment centre.
The Rec Room 101: A Guide to Toronto’s Entertainment Complex
- The Rec Room 101: A Guide to Toronto’s Entertainment Complex
- Best Time to Go
- Things to Know
- How to Get There
- What to Do in The Rec Room
- Play arcade games
- Win exciting prizes
- Go bowling
- Play ping pong, pool, or shuffleboard
- Catch live performances
- Enjoy delicious food and drinks
- Host a party or event
- FAQs on The Rec Room Toronto
Best Time to Go
If you want to avoid the crowds at The Rec Room, it’s best to go during the week or early in the day on weekends. If you’re looking for a lively atmosphere, go on a weekend evening or during a special event.
If you’re planning to see a specific band, check the schedule in advance to know when they’re playing.
Things to Know
Address: 255 Bremner Blvd, Toronto, ON M5V 3M9, Canada
Weekdays, 11 AM to 11 PM
Weekends, 10 AM to midnight
How to Get There
— From: @catsoap
Train: To get to The Rec Room, take any GO Train line to Union Station and walk south to Front Street. Walk west to Bremner Boulevard and south to The Rec Room.
Streetcar: Take the 504 King streetcar westbound to the Queen’s Quay West at Harbourfront Centre stop. Walk south to Bremner Boulevard until you reach The Rec Room.
Bus: Take the 26, 63, 72B, 97B, or 97C bus route to Bay St at Front St West. Walk south on Bay Street to Bremner Boulevard until you reach The Rec Room.
Car: Take the Gardiner Expressway westbound to the Spadina Avenue exit. Turn left onto Spadina Avenue and go north to Bremner Boulevard.
— From: @saory.kitamura
- Purchase your tickets in advance. This will save you time and money, as tickets are typically more expensive at the door.
- Wear comfortable shoes. You’ll be doing a lot of walking and standing, so you want to make sure your feet are comfortable.
- Bring a jacket or sweater. The Rec Room can be a bit chilly, even in the summer.
- Bring a credit or debit card. The Rec Room prefers contactless payments over cash.
- If you’re planning on playing a lot of arcade games, consider purchasing a Play Pass. Play Passes give you unlimited access to all of the arcade games for a set period.
- If you’re visiting with a group, consider renting a private event space. This is a great way to ensure that you have your own space to relax and socialize.
- If you’re bringing children, be sure to supervise them closely. The Rec Room is a busy place, so it’s important to keep an eye on your kids at all times.
- Arrive early. The Rec Room can get quite busy, especially on weekends and evenings. Arriving early will give you a chance to beat the crowds and get a good spot at the bar or in one of the gaming areas.
- Take advantage of the happy hour specials. The Rec Room has happy hour specials on food and drinks from Monday to Friday, 4 PM to 7 PM.
- Check out the live music schedule. The Rec Room has a variety of live music performances throughout the week, so check the schedule to see who’s playing and when.
What to Do in The Rec Room
Play arcade games
— From: @the_real_salmoan
From classics like Pac-Man, Donkey Kong, and Mario Kart to modern racing simulators and virtual reality games, The Rec Room has them all in its cool arcade area known to many as The Yard.
One of the things that sets The Rec Room Toronto apart from other arcades is its atmosphere. The arcade is located in a large, open space with high ceilings and decorated with bright colours and vibrant artwork.
The arcade has games for all ages and skill levels. There are games that are easy to learn and play as well as games that are more challenging for hardcore players.
Win exciting prizes
— From: @oui_happyness_wellness
The Rec Room has a wide variety of exciting prizes that you can win by playing arcade games and redeeming your tickets at the Trophy Case. You can win electronics, gaming accessories, toys, sports gear, and other novelties.
The prizes at The Rec Room are updated regularly, so there is always something new to win. The more you play, the better you will become, and the more likely you are to win tickets.
The bowling alley at The Rec Room has 10 lanes, so you can challenge your friends to a game or two. It has various amenities including automatic scoring, lane bumpers, ramps, and bowling balls for all ages and skill levels.
Bowling is great for large friend groups who want to enjoy a fun and friendly competition.
Play ping pong, pool, or shuffleboard
— From: @esctoronto
The Rec Room has plenty of game tables: 16 for ping pong, 15 for pool, and 10 for shuffleboard tables. All are well-maintained, and the equipment is in good condition.
These activities are great if you’re looking to play with your friends since some arcade games can be limited to only a few players at a time.
Catch live performances
— From: @dennis.trvn
The Rec Room has a live music stage that features local and touring bands on a regular basis. The stage is located in the main area, so you can enjoy the music while you play games, eat, or drink.
Apart from live music, they also host comedy shows, magic shows, karaoke nights, trivia nights, and dance parties. To see who is performing on a particular date, you can check their website or social media pages.
Enjoy delicious food and drinks
— From: @cathyseo_
Three10 is a full-service restaurant inside The Rec Room complex. Its name comes from Canada’s three territories and 10 provinces.
The menu features a variety of pub grub, such as burgers, hot dogs, nachos, poutines, and wings.
They also have healthier options such as salads, wraps, and bowls. The restaurant has a wide selection of craft beers on tap as well as wine, cocktails, and non-alcoholic beverages.
You can bring your food anywhere inside the venue, so you can enjoy your drinks and tasty treats while playing games or watching live shows.
Host a party or event
— From: @daviesstudents
The Rec Room has a variety of private event spaces that can accommodate groups of all sizes. Each space has unique features, so be sure to choose the one that is right for your party.
It’s a popular venue, so it’s important to book your event in advance, especially if you are planning to host your party on a weekend or during peak hours.